JOB DESCRIPTION – AREA SUPERVISOR WEST LONDON (salary £20K to £23K Per Year)
The position of Service Deliver Manager is to support the Client Manager with the cleaning operation within their area of responsibility. The post holder is responsible for motivating and training the cleaning operatives in order to meet the business objectives. The post holder will implement, monitor and control cleaning operations to ensure that Client and Company requirements are achieved.
A sound educational background is required. Suitable and relevant qualifications to the industry would be advantageous.
Practical experience in the cleaning industry or a similar manpower intensive industry. Supervisory experience is essential. Full UK Driving Licence essential.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- To organise and supervise cleaning operatives/supervisors, to ensure working practices are efficient and effective.
- To develop and maintain a good standard of employee relations and motivate employees to ensure a high level of morale.
- To carry out agreed monitoring to support the Client Manager in order to achieve set targets by completing an agreed number of quality audits in line with Company procedures, taking the necessary corrective action to rectify any shortfalls identified.
- To receive, record and inform your Line Manager of any complaints in a timely and well received manner.
- To know and understand Company values and ethos to ensure that this is disseminated throughout the business.
- To recruit, induct, train and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery.
- To ensure employees are aware of what is expected of them, in terms of workloads, standards and their relationship with Client/Contractor.
- To collate and assist the Client Manager with the completion of timesheets.
- To report any grievance and disciplinary issues to your line manager and/or HR, as necessary, in line with the Company procedures.
- To carry out any investigations for disciplinary/accidents as required by Regional Director.
- To deal with and action all day-to-day telephone calls, enquiries, messages.
- To be able to carry out specialist cleaning operations, such as floor maintenance and carpet shampooing so as to be able train cleaning operatives to complete the necessary tasks.
- Manage operational activities to ensure they meet with company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, quality management, environmental issues and general duty of care.
- Specialist projects as agreed with Operations Director to support the needs of the Organisation.
- Compliance to company policy, procedures & management reporting timetable.
This is not intended to be a full definition of duties and staff will be expected to perform such other duties as may be necessary from time to time to ensure growth and profitability of the company.
Responsible to: Client Manager
Responsible for: Mobile Operatives, Site Managers, Site Supervisors and Cleaning Operatives
Principle Contacts Internal staff, Managers and Directors, External clients, training providers, job applicants
- The maintenance of deadlines for completion of various administrative duties.
- The quality and accuracy of information and data provided.
- The level of satisfaction of customers for whom the post holder is responsible.
All CV’s to be sent to SOA@facilicomservices.co.uk